This year 2018, ended with good luck to Government High School, Domlur. They have won Charan's PUC college Cricket Cup for the first time. Nearly 20 schools and college took part in this competition. Under the captainship of Master Eshwar and the bowler Master Praveen and the spirit of other players, it was possible to win this cup. This is indeed a great achievement for the School.
We congratulate the Boys and the school teachers for their success.
Science fest was organized in Government High School, Domlur on Thursday, 15th November 2018 from 10.00 a.m to 3.00 pm by Agastya International Foundation. Sponsored by L & T, Bangalore and Senior Citizens Bangalore. This fest was inaugurated jointly by Mr. Bhupinder Singh Lamba and Dr. V.A.Sastry.
Interesting topics were covered in this Science Fest by this school children with the help of staff and members of Agastya International Foundation and HM Mrs Ratna and Science Teachers.
The Staff and members of Agastya International foundation supplied all the materials and training to the students of this school, who in turn demonstrated the experiments to hundreds of other nearby school students who were invited for this fest. All the students enjoyed and learned the effects of science in our day to day life. Students who have done their best were given prizes .
Members of Senior Citizens Bangalore , Mr. Narasimhan and Mr. Alexander also attended this fest along with the Admn. Manager Mr. Vijay Pissay. Ms Mittali from L& T also joined this fest and appreciated the arrangement and interest shown by the students.
Dr.V.A.Sastry visited Government High School in Domlur during the month of October 2017 and was very much interested in doing some good to this school, so he discussed along with other members of the Senior Citizens Bangalore and decided to provide a Smart class to this school.
During December 20 17 Dr. Sastry informed that he has received a proposal and quote for setting up Smart class at Domlur Govt High School from a vendor M/s.Smart class Educational Services Pvt Ltd based in New Delhi. They have their branch office at Ulsoor, Bangalore. The Total cost is about Rs.575,000/-for 3 class rooms. He proposed to donate Rs.5.00 Lakhs from his own Trust "Vyakarnam Charitable Trust" , for this project.
Also he said we have to paint the class rooms, because all the class rooms were in shabby condition and to fix metal doors for security of our systems . He requested SCB to bare the balance cost for setting up the project. About Rs.1.50 lakhs may be approved for this project from SCB.
During, January 2018 we have taken permission from BEO for starting of Smart Class in this Govt High school, Domlur and in May 2018 Civil works on Smart Class Project was completed along with provision of Steel Doors for three class rooms .
In June 2018 A demonstration of the working and operation of the Smart Class equipment was done to the teachers.. Dr. Sastry and Mr. Paranajyothi joined this demonstration Program.
A formal opening of the SMART CLASS was done by Sri. B.H. Ashwath Narayanagowda Deputy Director of Public Instruction Bangalore south and Sri .K. Rameshaiah Block Education Officer Bangalore on 19th July 2018. in the presence of our Chairman Mr.B.S.Lamba , Treasurer Dr.V.A.Sastry , Mr. Kamath and Mr. Paranjyothi.
Impact of Smart Class
All the teachers thanked Senior Citizens Bangalore and M/s.Vyakarnam Charitable Trust for the smart classes , as it has been very useful to them and will help them in their progress by getting good education.
About Smart class
Smart class CTS offers a holistic teaching learning experience with every possible instruction and assessment element required by the teacher in class. Be in animation, question bank, Mind maps, worksheet, unique teaching ideas, real life applications of concepts, topic summaries, weblinks, diagram makers, simulations and teacher created resources.
Smart class enables teachers to effectively and seamlessly engage, explore, explain, elaborate and evaluate learners with a host of instruction and assessment materials made available to them through an easy to use interface.
The content has been categorized under the following teaching and learning components:
1) Animation: 3D-2D animations with rich graphics that help teachers to explain any abstract concepts to students.
2) Real Life application: To help students to understand various concepts and their relevance in day-to-day life. Every chapter provides real life applications wherever relevant and possible with real life applications
3) Assessment of Learning: These are activities that teachers can do the learning with students. These Ideas will enable students to express their understanding about the concept in multiple ways other than the routine written assessments
4) Teaching ideas: These are some suggested ideas on how the teachers could transact some part of the chapter
5) Mind maps: are an organized graphic presentation of a chapter covering all its important aspect
6) Diagram Maker: it is a step-by-step illustration of complex diagrams that helps students to understand how to make diagrams
7) Simulations: A virtual laboratory for physics, Chemistry and Mathematics that will enable teachers to construct and simulate any concept
8) Topic Synopsis: Every topic will come up with a short summary of the chapter helping the teacher to summarize
9) Worksheet: There will be ready worksheet for every chapter containing various types of questions like fill-in-the blanks, Label the diagram, True-false, short answers, Match the following etc
10) Smart class community: Teachers will get access to resources recommended / created by over half a million teachers that exist in smart class fraternity today across the country. Teachers can create and add their own study notes in the way of worksheets and presentations
11) Web links: for every chapter there will be few suggested internet sites that student's can visit to get additional information
12) MCQ; Every chapter will have a questionnaire of multiple choice questions that will have varying difficult levels
On 29th August 2018, It was a very auspicious day for the children o f Government Higher Primary School, Dhoopanhalli , HAL 2nd stage, Indiranagar, Bangalore,
As the Chairman Mr. R. Parthasarathy and the Director in charge Mr. M.S.Kamath of Senior Citizens Bangalore were excited in distributing Uniforms to the students from Std 1 to Std VII.
Children and Staff welcomed our Chairman Mr. R .Parthasarathy and Mr. M.S.Kamth with loud applause. Headmistress Mrs. Arvekar felicitated Mr. R.Parthasarathy and Mr Kamath with shawl and Garland. Children sang a small Prayer. Then was there a speech by our Chairman followed by distribution of Uniforms.
Children were very happy and thanked Senior Citizens for their kind gesture. HM and staff also thanked Senior Citizens and requested their kind support in future also.
The function ended with tea and snacks to all.